Support to multiple workflows in same Web project

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:27 PM
How could I configure multiple workflows in NavigationManagerSetting section in web.config?
My app use different navigation schemas and I need use multiple "Compiled" workflow mode, each compiled workflow will use different bookmark pages.

Regards.
Efren Cruz
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2009 at 12:57 PM
Hi Efren,

Unfortunately, Pageflow doesn't support multiple workflows yet. But this feature will be published in a short while.
Developer
Mar 25, 2009 at 12:18 PM
Hi all,

First it seems somebody listened at last and put the project on codeplex (well long ago but I was not tracking), so congrats for that.

We had fixed the multiple pageflows in single project during development of our project, and I would gladly share, but I guess I need to be invited as developer to contribute ?
I am not familiar with codeplex so can somebody guide through ?

Best Regards
Ray
May 4, 2009 at 3:39 PM
Please put your solution in Code Plex! Or leave a guide on how to convert the sample to use multiple workflows inside one application (i'm using wpf as a presenter with the supplied WPFController)

Any hints on what needs to be changed?

Best Regards,
João Aradas
Developer
May 4, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Hi, I simply dont know how to do it (commit the code to repository), so I believe somebody (admin) has to add me as developer?

As to what to change , its not much, mostly modifying the config section to support "Name" property for each defined workflow as:

<

Workflows>

<

add mode="Compiled" value="ASPUIWorkflow.Workflow2, ASPUIWorkflow" name="DenemeWorkflow" />

<

add mode="Compiled" value="ASPUIWorkflow.DenemeWorkflow, ASPUIWorkflow" name="DenemeWorkflow2" />

</Workflows>

and for pages to support "workflowname" property as :

<

PageMappings>

<

add bookmark="EnterAlias" location="~/Default.aspx" workflowname="DenemeWorkflow, DenemeWorkflow1,NestedPageFlows"/>

<

add bookmark="EnterProfile" location="~/Page2.aspx" workflowname="DenemeWorkflow, DenemeWorkflow1,NestedPageFlows"/>

</PageMappings>

so each page participates in workflows listed in workflowname property  (* for all defined workflows), and each workflow is identified by its name

Then modify the WebHostingModule.cs to read the workflowname from querystring (WorkflowName). This query string param must be supplied for all subsequent requests (starting workflow, or continuing one)

I cant remember all changes now, but there are not lot to do .

Hope it helps

Sincerely
Ray